- Consent to collect and use personal information
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, if you do, Mardeco may suspend its provision of products and services to you. When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any Mardeco product or service and you request a refund, the guarantee will be honoured.
Mardeco collects, at the time of your registration for products and services through its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
- Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Mardeco collects and uses personal information for the following purposes
- to develop and provide our website and products and services for our customers
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Mardeco, its affiliates and third parties
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information
- to understand its customers needs
- to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Mardeco and third parties
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Mardeco site or any Mardeco product or service
- to protect the services, products or rights of Mardeco, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Mardeco site
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Mardeco’s site, products and services.
Mardeco also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
- Limiting Collection of Personal Information
Mardeco limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes
- Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Mardeco does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above)
- to Mardeco employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Mardeco’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes
- as necessary if Mardeco has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Mardeco’s rights or property, other users of Mardeco ‘s web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Mardeco or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in New Zealand, or in any other country in which Mardeco or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Mardeco will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Mardeco ‘s compliance with any applicable law.
- Accuracy of Personal Information
Mardeco will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing Mardeco about changes to their personal information. You can do this by calling 0800 820840 or sending an email to email@example.com. Mardeco will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
- Data Security
Mardeco will use reasonable efforts to protect customers’ personal information
Cookies are small text files that are placed in your browser by the websites you visit. They are widely used to help users navigate websites efficiently, to perform certain functions on the sites, and/or to provide site owners with information about how their sites are used.
Web analytics cookies
We also use tracking cookies to analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services. This data is aggregated and cannot personally identify you. If you prefer, you can opt out tracking cookies we use without affecting your ability to use our site. Our web analytics will also respect any “do not track” setting that you might have set on your browser.
Social media cookies
We use social media on some sections of our website to help communicate our messages and give you the best experience – e.g. the Twitter feed on our home page, the Twitter and Facebook plugins on our blog pages, and the YouTube videos we embed.
These social media services have their own privacy policies and may track your use of our website on those pages where their links are displayed. They do this by the use of persistent session cookies. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google service) while using our site, their tracking will be associated with your profile with them.
To disable all cookies
Most web browsers will allow you to set some control over cookies in your browser settings. This includes deleting them from your browser or disabling them altogether.
If you do choose to set your browser to disable all cookies, this may affect your ability to use some of the features on our site.
To learn more about cookies and how you can manage them in your web browser, visit: